Writing a eulogy is not an easy task, there are things to consider in writing
one. Here are some ideas that will help you compose that perfect eulogy that
departed love one really deserves.
1. Write your eulogy knowing that the whole speech would only take three to ten
2. Try to write a eulogy that would be both inspiring and uplifting.
3. Praise and honor the deceased person in a loving and an honest manner.
4. When writing a eulogy please avoid putting statements that would paint a
negative picture of the deceased.
5. Write a eulogy that have a strong structure, you may start with thinking a
particular theme, or focus on one shining achievement of the deceased and write
your eulogy in a chronological order.
6. When writing a eulogy itís a great idea to include stories that will bring
the deceased person to life, includes memorable and personal memories shared
with the deceased.
7. Write a detailed recollection of the deceased person's life as told by the
person's closest friends and relatives, include some standout memories and
8. When writing a eulogy make it possible to include quotations, poems and even
bible readings. This will add to a more somber effect.
9. Cap off your eulogy by writing a thoughtful and endearing ending.
10. Do not write the same words multiple times. You may use the same word,
adjectives to describe the deceased maybe once or twice but not more than that.
Doing so, the eulogy will not become repetitive to the ears of the listeners.
Other eulogy ideas include writing a humor laden theme. This kind of eulogy
usually talks about the funny moments in the deceased person's life. It will
provide a lighter side to the somber atmosphere that surrounds the funeral.
Remember that writing a eulogy from the heart and having the purpose of
celebrating the memory of the deceased person is vital to composing a perfect
Include the entire best thing that you remember about the person's life, what he
had done that made a lot of people happy, what makes you proud to have known
such a man. In the end the eulogy that you will write will be the summary of how
every surviving love ones would remember the departed person.
The idea for writing a eulogy is to keep it honest and focus on the deceased
person's life and make the whole eulogy speech as the best honor you can bestow
to celebrate your beloved departed.